Know somebody that trains Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? Been wondering what to get for them this holiday season? Here are a few Christmas gift ideas for your cauliflowered friends:
- Jiu Jitsu Stocking – I can’t take credit for this one; my girlfriend came up with this brilliant idea (and we are definitely going to do this next year). Cut up an old gi and sew the fabric together into a Christmas stocking. BOOM.
- Athletic Tape – great for covering up fresh mat burns, splinting dislocated/broken toes, or replacing stripes on a belt after a run through the washing machine.
- Ibuprofen – will be especially appreciated after a night of takedown sparring.
- Boil N’ Bite Mouthguard – missing teeth aren’t exactly the hallmark of great Christmas pictures.
- Grappling Socks – only recommended for the classiest of grapplers.
- Laundry Detergent – if your friend trains jiu jitsu more than a couple times a week, they will have noticed their laundry bills begin to skyrocket (unless they are dirty, dirty people and never wash their gi). A bit of extra detergent will be happily received – even if it only lasts a week or so.
- Nail clippers – you’d think people would already own this basic hygiene necessity. Yet, every gym still seems to have at least one Freddy Kruger wannabe. If your Secret Santa recipient falls into this category, do his/her training partners a favor and gift these!
- “Borrowing the Master’s Bicycle.” Ok, this one is more of a “virtual” stocking stuffer. My instructor just published his second BJJ-related e-book just in time for Christmas (with a foreword written by Kid Peligro himself!). If your friend is into the philosophy of jiu jitsu and its transformative power over the lives of people that train it, they need to read this book. Only $4.99 from Amazon. Check it out here.